Rising Stars Youth Leadership Development
Do you believe young people are prepared to become tomorrow’s leaders?
Are their scholastic results what they should be?
Would you like to see increased grade point averages?
Would you like to see them complete college on the 4-year plan instead of the 5 or 6-year plan?
Could we do a better job of preparing our young people to … climb higher, reach farther, and perform better?
BLEST Performance Solutions is preparing young people for a healthy and successful future by helping youth to navigate through new and complex dimensions. Success in today’s competitive environment requires that youth develop their personal leadership skills. Leadership is essential in enabling youth to develop character, confidence, and values that promote the goal of healthy behavior. Research shows a majority of American youth engages in health compromising behavior.
Enabling youth to make positive life choices
The Rising Stars Process is designed to help today's youth develop their personal leadership skills and begin to set goals and directions for their lives beginning at an earlier age. Leadership is essential in enabling youth to develop character, confidence, and values that promote the understanding of healthy behavior.
Rising Stars is an innovative and unique inside-out self-development process. This evidence-based approach focuses on three critical elements that promote personal leadership, healthy behaviors, and the skills employers identify as essential. These elements are developed, applied, and reinforced throughout the process and through a follow-up process to strengthen and perpetuate successful behaviors.
Some of the many positive outcomes of Rising Stars participants include:
- Increased grade point average - up to 40% grade point increase
- Academic performance and attendance increased
- College Attendance Increased from 5% - 75%
- High school completion
- 56% Reduction in School Disciplinary/Truancy Incidents
- Post secondary attendance and completion
- Seeks out options from diverse alternatives
- Able to make goal-oriented informed decisions
- Communicates effectively in diverse situations (socially confident)
- Demonstrates leadership in various situations
- Team-player and/or leader
- Provides a vision and purpose to a cause
- Uses influence to obtain planned outcomes
- Internalization of Time Management & Conflict Resolution